Bright Internet China Symposium (BICS) 2018 @ Beijing
Date: July 2-3, 2018
Venue: Tsinghua University
The Bright Internet pursues the preventive cybersecurity paradigm to complement the limit of self-defensive protective cybersecurity paradigm.
The Bright Internet China Symposium (BICS) in cooperation with the Bright Internet Global Summit (BIGS) is organized to develop and exchange the research issues and action items toward the next generation safe Internet with the global perspective, but particularly in the context of China. To this end, BICS was held first in 2017 at Xi’an Jiaotong University, and BICS 2018 at Tsinghua University is the second symposium to be held in China.
This symposium will be an excellent forum of exchanging ideas and research outcomes from the leading research group, industry professionals, and policy makers. Key questions that this symposium present are:
- What is the necessary paradigm shift of cybersecurity, and what can be the role of the Bright Internet to this end?
- How to fundamentally realize the traceability of malicious origins and deliverers sustaining the privacy of innocent netizens?
- How can we motivate the cybersecurity solution providers to create and propagate the preventive cybersecurity functions that diminish the sources of cybercrimes?
- How can the blockchain technology be used to realize the Bright Internet Principles and vice versa within tolerable computing overhead?
- What should the national policies and international collaboration model be to preventively fulfill the safe national and global cybersecurity with a particular emphasis on China and Korea?
- What should be the leadership of China in fulfilling the goals of the Bright Internet principles not only domestically, but also globally?
- General Co-Chairs
Xing Li (Professor, Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, China)
Jae Kyu Lee (Professor of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea, and Visiting Chair Professor of SUSTech)
- Program Co-Chairs
Jun Bi (Professor, Deputy Dean of Institute of Network Science & Cyberspace, Tsinghua University, China)
Wei Huang (Changjiang Chair Professor, School of Management, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China)
- Local Arrangement Co-Chairs
Ying Liu (Deputy Dean of Institute of Network Science & Cyberspace, Tsinghua University, China)
Jie An (Assistant Director of CERNET Network Center, China)
- Web Coordinator
Jiyong Park (PhD Candidate, College of Business, KAIST, Korea)
- Local Arrangement Staffs
Xin Zhang (Institute of Network Science & Cyberspace, Tsinghua University, China)
(click each session for details)
July 2nd (Monday)
July 3rd (Tuesday)
You can download the program (pdf).
Lecture Hall on the Second Floor, Information Science and Technology FIT building at the East Gate of Tsinghua University
Registration is available either online or on-site. We will have a reservation desk, so we also accept the on-site reservation. If you have any questions on the registration, please email Mr. Xin Zhang (email@example.com).
The speaker should reserve hotels by themselves. For those who we pay hotels, we will pay for them when they check out.